Venison Backstrap, Morels n Wild Onions

Great meal Jeanie! Made almost entirely from things not bought from a store

Great score on the morels this year! Looks like a bumper crop :thumb: I never have much luck with the morels, but my parents get enough wild onions to feed half the brethren.

Great ideas! I have those wild onions all over my neighborhood including my house. I honestly am afraid to eat anything growing from the soil in my neighborhood. I've picked a few onions and they smell good. It's cool to see someone cook with them! The grow like mad early spring.

OMG! Absolutely incredible Jeanie! :thumb::thumb: I would kill to find that many morels in one day. The cook looks fantastic and I'm sure it was as delicious as it looks.

Looks fantastic! Got some morels yesterday and hopefully more this weekend. Probably one of my top ten meals of all time is morels and deer tenderloin. What a match! Something close to this is for dinner tonight.

Thanks for the kind comments everybody! There's something about morels and wild game that just makes them taste so good together. One of my favorite meals!

Funny, we used to find morels all the time as kids. I always thought they were poisonous until a few years ago.....
Might have been "False Morels"? They look similar but are not edible.

Hope you all have a great morel season! :-D

Cowgirl,

That is the single greatest thing I have seen on this site. This is not hyperbole or blowing smoke in any way. That would be my final meal before going to the chair if I was in such a situation. Absolutely a complete honor to the bounty of the wild. Thank you for sharing!

Back