THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

toadhunter911

is one Smokin' Farker
As venders, what do you look for/expect from the venue when you agree to vend at an event? What about an event besides crowd size attracts you to it? Would you participate at a newer event if there is potential for growth?

My reasons for asking...my church has put on a Christian Rock concert for several years, but has always thought small. Crowds are around 200-250 people. But we now have a leadership team chomping at the bit to grow and do bigger things, so there is a chance this small concert (which has grown from 1 band five years ago to 3 bands this year, one being a new regional band that has a big following), could become a one day festival with 4-5 bands, with a larger headlining band, attracting upwards of 1,000 people. Up to this point, our church team and provided a meal during the concert, but I would like to get out of that business and open the event to licensed food venders.

So, I guess what I'm looking for is any info you vending guys can give me to help make a decision on how we should proceed. Do you pay the event a fee to set-up there, and how much? Does the event provide power for your set-up? What other amenities do you like to get from an event?

Thanks for your help guys.

That depends on what you want to or need to make. I would do events that I know many on here would not consider because they are too small but I try to make sure there is a 1000 people minimum at the event and I'd be lucky to feed 100 - 200 of them. There are a few in my area that would be tickled to do an event with 200 people there.

At an absolute minimum I'd want to be the sole food vendor, for a one day event, with a minimum of 2k people. And at that, the menu would be scarce. We just agreed to this scenario last month as a favor to the chamber of commerce. No fees and we made a few bucks.

Back