THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First time in town in a few months. Hit the grocery...not often I'm stuck with no words and this wasn't one of those times...they are the words kept under yer breath and I had em flow from the moment I got there ta the putting away of my 6 bag snatch...not a f'ing deal ta be found. Didn't get Velveeta, too spendy fer what it is. Hit the produce area...I'm rarely found there...loaded up on items I found suggested on a YouTube video I watched in store leaning up against a bin of onion because I wasn't paying salsa prices either. Scorched on the Santa Maria and now I have a ton of it jar'd up. Found the making of salsa a lot of fun actually. Love that grill. I don't see Velveeta in my immediate future.

-D

First time in town in a few months. Hit the grocery...not often I'm stuck with no words and this wasn't one of those times...they are the words kept under yer breath and I had em flow from the moment I got there ta the putting away of my 6 bag snatch...not a f'ing deal ta be found. Didn't get Velveeta, too spendy fer what it is. Hit the produce area...I'm rarely found there...loaded up on items I found suggested on a YouTube video I watched in store leaning up against a bin of onion because I wasn't paying salsa prices either. Scorched on the Santa Maria and now I have a ton of it jar'd up. Found the making of salsa a lot of fun actually. Love that grill. I don't see Velveeta in my immediate future.

-D
A couple of years ago I got addicted to making my own salsa. Made a few dozen jars over a year's time. I probably should do that again as it's much better than store bought.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I have found I can get away with little citrate. I add about 1 teaspoon to 4 cups cream/milk and the cheese. If it's not getting creamy enough I'll add a bit more. The flavor is always a tiny bit noticeable, but the one time I added too much it literally made my sauce taste like American cheese.

If its not getting creamy enough your doing it wrong. Add more cheese and milk. NOT more sodium citrate. A lot of people don't realize evaporation causes flavors to change.

-D

probably better making it yourself. groceries are ridiculous. went from paying under a dollar a lbs for chicken breast and under $3 lbs for ground beef to over $3 and $4+ respectively. I used to never eat ground beef or chicken breast but wouldn't you know that's about as much meat as a toddler will eat. I got to spend one year in the middle class and wasn't it grand short lived as it was.

Back