THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lwdbo1

Take a breath!
After what seemed to be a long vacation, it is finally time to drive down to Tuscaloosa and pick up the Shirley.

We (wife and rug rats) left Los Angeles mid July.

1st stop was Great Falls for rafting , beers and bbq at my buddies vacation home..

2nd stop was Minneapolis to visit family....

3rd stop is Tuscaloosa to pick up that Shirley...

4th and final stop is Los Angeles to put the Shirley in her new spot...

I am leaving Minneapolis this mrng 8/9 on way to Tuscaloosa. Was suppose to leave yesterday and be in Tuscaloosa this mrng/afternoon but that didnt happen lol.

Plan to get a room tnght and pick her up in the morning...

I will post pics ASAP...

Cant think of a better way to end a vacation then picking up a new Shirley and heading home wiith it !!

Now that is the way to stretch a vacation out. Time sure seems to stand still waiting to finally pick up your new Shirley. You want rest until she is home, trust me I know. Be safe and enjoy. Plan extra time to get it home, every time you stop someone will want to know all about it.

If you're coming across on Interstate 10 you might wanna get a meal at Killen's right near Houston.

Are you sure that Shirley isn't headed towards Culver City? I think I have a spot for it. :heh:

If you're around Labor Day weekend hit me up if you wanna come to the SoCal Brethren Bash on that Saturday. It's gonna be a beautiful thang!

Safe travels!

Congrats on the Smoker and be safe on the long drive back to LA. Not sure but some states require plates if you are towing so do your research on possible temp plates or a way around it if temp plates is not possible.

Vince

*** Update***

At hotel for the night. Am 300 mi out of Tuscaloosa...
Hope to have that bad boy hitched by mid morning sometime...
I want to thank everyone for the congrats !!
Also want to thank everyone who wished me and my family a safe trip ! Much appreciated !

I will answer all comments, qstns ,etc tmrw when i pull over for the night. To beat to do it now...

Again, thanks guys !!

Back