THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Casey3115

Knows what a fatty is.
So I just got a cajun bandit extension for my 22.5" Weber kettle. I am hoping to get rid of my UDS and consolidate all my cooking to the kettle. I do almost everything on the kettle now as it is except really large or long cooks. I am hoping now with the bandit that I can do all of those on the kettle as well going forward. I am curious about the bracket he has for supporting the heat deflector. It has a step in it that seems to me would make a good spot for a second shelf inside the extension. Would this bottom rack be too close to the deflector? Does any body on here run their cajun bandit in this way? Another option I could see would be to put a heat deflector down on the stock kettle rack location which would end up a few inches lower, and would give me some more clearance below that bottom shelf. Adding fuel would become more of a challenge.
Any thoughts?

Back