THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Puppyboy

Babbling Farker
We thought everything through with our concession/catering trailer from insurance to the health inspection...except for the trucking aspect.

Had to get a US DOT # and fill out paperwork with a state agency (KCC)so I can become a "intra-state private motor carrier" and travel to vend legally.

Gladly jumping through hoops to prove we are not a fly by night business.

Please explain the parameters and requirements why a DOT number is required.
Am not familiar with that... is it because the size of your towing vehicle or weight of trailer?
Does your truck/trailer have your business name on the side?

The combined weight of my pickup and trailer plus the fact that I am using it for business makes the pickup a commercial vehicle. But it is only a commercial vehicle when the trailer is hooked up to the truck.

According to a local State Trooper, there are a lot of vending trailers that are not legal in the state because they do not have the DOT #.

Back