THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MilitantSquatter said:
Just a reminder ....Ray posted this in the original class post...

I'll be cooking a large packer cut brisket, a big pork butt, a slab of big spare ribs and 9 thighs. If it were my normal class that's what you would all get so that's what I'd recommend you buy for this.

Thanks for the heads up, please place my order for the "Ray Special". If possible I would like to do 2 Briskets. I will also need the use of a smoker.

Thanks Les:-D

biffleg said:
I must have been sleeping when this was being discussed :icon_blush:

Hey Phil -

Do you ever foresee one of these classes coming to the Southeast for us North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and/or Florida brethren?

Mabey it could be taped, Just the important stuff, Not all the Farking around and DVD's sold to all Brothers to help with the cost of this great forum.
This type of Professional help would be invaluble.

What do ya think Phil

WineMaster said:
Mabey it could be taped, Just the important stuff, Not all the Farking around and DVD's sold to all Brothers to help with the cost of this great forum.

What do ya think Phil

I think Ray would be justified in saying 'no thanks':cool: He's already cutting the group a deal on this class. If I was in his shoes I'm not sure I'd want a DVD of all of his material floating around.

WineMaster said:

What do ya think Phil

No, sorry. I never let anyone tape my classes.

WineMaster said:

What do ya think Phil

Smokeindaeye can draw the class step by step on napkins for you

Not wanting to speak for Ray here, but my assumption would be that taping the event, even if Brethren were willing to pay, would at some point end up having bootleg DVD's being passed around at contests, shown as clips on BBQ websites or even floating on You Tube etc. This would not be a good thing for Ray's future class business or be fair to all the attendees of all Ray's previous classes who have paid good money and traveled in some cases far distances to attend.

and besides all that, the camera adds 10 pounds and that would make me look fat in my new jeans. :icon_clown

Kirk said:
I just wanted a ballpark figure, not a guarantee. I'm not concerned Guy, just cheap. :wink:
I'm used to paying from 2.29 to 2.99 a lb for a packer (and 3.99 or more for flats) around here and I always assume things will be higher in NY, but I don't have a wholesale connection either. We usually pay about 1.89 for butts, 2.29 for spares and .84 for thighs at Sam's too. I have to ask my partner what he wants to do and I figured he might ask what the prices would be like from Willy's.

Kirk,

Ah, I thought I was the cheapest son of a gun around. Well, I am glad I have company. If you wish I will PM the price of my packer the day I pick it up. I buy from Resturant Depot and it is usually between $1.29 and $1.89 per lbs. Willie B gets his at a different place but prices are similar.

Thanks Guy but I'm good. My partner and I are gonna go with WillyB's. I appreciate the offer though.

Back