THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here's mine, very simple and doubles as a furniture dolly, it should hold 600 lbs. This is on casters but I'd think you could set something up very similar to this with big rubber wheels on 2 sides, wouldn't be hard then to simply tip it back and roll it along, even if you had to secure it with a strap or something.

I just took 4 pieces of 2x8 and connected them using metal straps on 2 sides and the bottom. You can see 1 of them on the right side. About a 12" x 12" hole in the middle. Sits on this all the time, only a couple of scorch marks.

Attachments

• IMG_0290.jpg
    IMG_0290.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 171
another vote for a hand truck- don't bother mounting it. That way you can use it for other stuff.

A 2 wheel hand truck bolted to the drum works great for me. Since it is attached there is no searching for the dolly, no strapping on and wiggle issues, with a potential fall and moving is easy even while a cook is happening. The truck was $30 and is a nice red which matches the red of the kettle top. Gotta look good too ya know!

Good idea OP, but most UDS owners don't care about looks or in some cases, function. It's all about how much money can you save and how cheap you can build one.

uds portability ... wheels? sure why not?

Move it the way you want to - there are no rules set in stone. Pneumatic tires and trailer hitches, casters, lawn mower bodies, drum dollies, hand trucks, drag it- the sky is the limit- do your thing. You can even hoist it up and carry the thing if you like (honestly- it's not that heavy)

On a tangent- I might take a bit of exception to the idea that "most" uds owners care little for looks or even function -only how cheap(ly) you can build it. OK- some folk's "creativity" might not appeal to everyone- but they still might be proud of their work - even if it ranges "oh dear Lord" to "very damn cool":-D

Here's mine.......Welded to a $29 Handtruck (I think that is what I paid) from Harbor Freight:

Back