THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Duddy55

Knows what a fatty is.
ive read a bunch of the threads on here of how people were running their probes into their uds..most are old posts... Wondering if anyone has found a great solution... I saw maverick has rubber grommets<--- any good? And also i saw some people us the guru eyelets... Let me hear it​

I use one of these without the plastic on it.

url
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Orbit-3-4-in-Threaded-Brass-Shut-Off-Coupling-27933/100659291

Put the probe in then close the valve just before it kinks the wire. when not in use I close it all the way to keep the elements out.

Yea i drilled a 1" hole and put in a 3/4 electric conduit nut and nipple. Several probes can easily go in and i used a cork that fit. All of this was at Lowes for a total cost of like 3-4 dollars. It's simple and seals up.

I don't have a UDS but I do use grommets, probably don't really need them but I don't like having the metal edge. I get the grommets at McMaster Carr, high temp ones.

Attachments

• Maverick Mod 02-23-14.jpg
    Maverick Mod 02-23-14.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 128
Back