UDS for sale

DustyQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Dusty
Okay , well its not for sale here.

My wonderful wife and daughters got me the Pit Boss Pro series we've all seen from Lowes. Love it so far and i don't have room for it and my UDS.

Question is, what's a decent UDS worth if i put it on Craigslist. I made it upside down so the bottom comes off for easy cleaning. Cannibalized a $20 craigslist Weber kettle for the lid, wheels and grates, welded a pizza pan under the legs on my charcoal basket so all the ash comes out when you pull the basket.

It has served me well and it needs a new home, I'm just not sure what its worth.

Cheers,
Dusty

Yeah I'd keep the UDS if budget allows. You will two very fine cookers.

Yeah I'd keep the UDS if budget allows. You will two very fine cookers.

Its not a budget issue, i just need the space.

So far i'm pretty impressed with the Pit Boss, It seems they got their controller issues straightened out, and the app is nice (i can monitor temps while i'm at work). Until they invent an automated stick burner this fits my lifestyle right now.

It's hard to say what it's worth. Try to figure how much money you have invested in material and what your time was worth to build it. I would ask for a little more than what you have in it. You can always come down on price.

any way we can see a pic?

drums can vary. I wouldn't expect anyone to entertain an offer for mine, you could get tetanus from looking at it. low end $100. now a nice uds could be $200 plus. I think commercially made uds go for about $700. yours is used so I'd say half that is the absolute max and that's for a professional build and paint job.

just my assumptions I have no actual frame of reference

Back