THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pmad

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Batch Image
I just wanted to say thank you to all that helped with advice for my UDS.

It is now finished.
I tested it out last night (no food) and temps remained where I wanted them and I had pretty good control.

I sealed the ash door with high heat silicone and put in a ball valve.

Again, thank you all.
Great community here.
Hopefully, I'll be able to contribute as much as others have.

Well, here it is:
Finished.png

Looks like you sealed it up real good from what it was. How is the lid sealed? If it's still a little leaky a little stove gasket will fix it right up. Or put some more of that high heat silicone and cover with saran wrap and then gently close lid and makes a perfect formed gasket.

Looks like you sealed it up real good from what it was. How is the lid sealed? If it's still a little leaky a little stove gasket will fix it right up. Or put some more of that high heat silicone and cover with saran wrap and then gently close lid and makes a perfect formed gasket.

Here is how the lid works.
There is a backer in there.
Seals pretty good, but I'm definitely going to do your silicone idea.

Seal.png

i have looked at a lot of these and some have a pipe on the air intake running up the side and some don't. any advantages or disadvantages of doing this.

i have looked at a lot of these and some have a pipe on the air intake running up the side and some don't. any advantages or disadvantages of doing this.

I'm very new at this, but I was told is that the advantage is that I don't have to bend over with my face next to the hot smoker when adjusting the air flow.

Back