THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why the ash pan? Can't you just vacuum the ashes out of the bottom of the drum afterwards?:-?
I bought an aluminum pooper scooper like the one below and ground the edge of the scoop to match the contour of the inside of the drum. I use the other piece to help the ashes into the scoop and to scrape any nasty bits off the bottom.

It's cheap, it works very well and doesn't require leaning into the drum, dumping, or a vaccum. Oh, and of course it's very portable for use at competitions.

RP-602679-2T.jpg

Just a tip,
John

Drumming up an old thread here, but what kind of wire have you guys used? SS wire? If so, where can you find it? I've had no luck finding any at this point. Stopped at an ACE yesterday, but they didn't have it, Lowe's, doesn't, won't go in Depot so I don't know if they do or not, so just curious....

Tks

Drumming up an old thread here, but what kind of wire have you guys used? SS wire? If so, where can you find it? I've had no luck finding any at this point. Stopped at an ACE yesterday, but they didn't have it, Lowe's, doesn't, won't go in Depot so I don't know if they do or not, so just curious....

Tks

I won't go in HD if I can avoid it too.

I wasn't looking for it, but I found SS Wire at Harbor Freight. It was like $4 for a good size roll.

I bought an aluminum pooper scooper like the one below and ground the edge of the scoop to match the contour of the inside of the drum. I use the other piece to help the ashes into the scoop and to scrape any nasty bits off the bottom.

It's cheap, it works very well and doesn't require leaning into the drum, dumping, or a vaccum. Oh, and of course it's very portable for use at competitions.

RP-602679-2T.jpg

Just a tip,
John

I put a 1/2 " layer of "pure clay" kitty litter in the bottom before I cook. soaks up all the excess grease and makes it easier to vac or scoop out.:cool:

RP-602679-2T.jpg

Just a tip,
John

GOOD CALL!!! I'll be doing this one. :thumb:

As for charcoal baskets, I have a video link in my sig that shows how I built mine, FWIW. :wink:

RP-602679-2T.jpg

Just a tip,
John

Great idea! I was telling my wife this morning how I love this site just because of all the cool stuff you guys come up with having to do with BBQ.

This is something I'm definitely going to do.

Back