THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B

Black Dog BBQ

First time for Brisket on the UDS. Many thanks to you guys who schooled me on controlling the temp. on the UDS. I used salt and pepper only No injection, and a temp of 275. I did not pull to foil. Took about 10 hours. I had to reload with a little more Stubbs after 8 hr.s.

Sorry the picture tuned out a little weird (color) I was relaxing with Mr. Jack Daniels before I took the pic. lol

Brisket001.jpg

Nice looking grub, I'm suprised you had to add fuel after 8 hours though?

I was a little gun shy on filling my coal basket too full. Still new at the UDS thing. Last weeks cook my temps got out of control. But this time I caught the heat on the way up and it settled in right where I wanted it. I started with about 10 lbs. of Stubbs.

Now that I think about it I let it burn almost a full hour before I put the meat on so the actual burn time was almost 9 hr.s I say almost because the temp started falling when it hit about 225 I checked and had almost no coals left.

Looks very tasty! A brisket is next on the list for my new UDS.

Back