THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For any interested I will have my hot Rum punch again on Friday night.
So now your joining up with Ford to get every one drunk so they don't mind thier pits??? (BTW, that punch of yours is just WAY to good!!!!)

Has anyone asked if we can all be placed near each other? Ford looking forward to meeting you.
I don't think anyone has, I would love to have it happen!

Yes Ford my wife will be with and if you get her drinking you take her back home with you!I shouldnt need much crippling as I have not practiced much.Every weekend has been any where from 16 to 30 butts for grad parties.So its not been much for practice.Going to try to get one in yet.

Coz, I wouldn't worry about practicing if I were you. Just stroll on in and get everything going. You'll be fine. I promise.

Officially Closed to Entries

Out of a desire to maintain the high standards we have set for ourselves in serving both our guests and our competing teams, we have chosen to close further registration to UP Hog Wild. We feel it would be an injustice to both further entrants, and to our event, if we allowed additional teams to enter. We hope this causes no one any inconvenience. Thank you to all the teams who have shown their support. Because of you, we will be doubling our size over last year. We believe in continuous yet managed growth for our event in order to ensure the enjoyment of everyone. Thanks again.

Last edited:
What a day guys... I am just catching my breath. We met tonight to see about getting more buried power lines to distribution blocks so that everyone can have power. The city is great about getting you water. Sorry we had to close but it was like the doors blew open this morning. Want everyone to be taken care of and happy.

Chris will be talking with all of you and laying out maps as to where he is going to put you. When you come in, when you leave, and where you want to be are all considered. Oh and lest I forget... the size of your rig matters too.

I know it is tough on a lot of you who travel a long ways.... but our saturday night party is a hoot, and no needs to leave until Sunday. If you want, just call Chris and talk to him about whatever you need.

Don't forget, the good folks (and our dear friends) at Royal Oak Charcoal send in a generous supply of charcoal for us to distribute to our guests. Hope we have enough for everyone this year. Both lump and briq. And yes, this event is held on the old site of kingsford chemical, and an old Ford plant where they made...... charcoal biquettes.

We are all looking forward to meeting everyone one of you.

I sent an email off to Chris asking if we could all be placed near each other. I will let you know when I hear back. Jeff you bringing that new golf cart along?

Chris, I got your message this morning and I'll call you tonight..

I sent an email off to Chris asking if we could all be placed near each other. I will let you know when I hear back. Jeff you bringing that new golf cart along?
Only if one of the guys wants to bring an extra trailer... My guess is no though.... lol

Who will be there Thrusday night?

We'll be pulling in sometime Thursday afternoon. When I talked with Chris he said something about a campfire and get together. Now I'm not sure about all those WI, IL types, but where I grew up that means glasses of some fun beverages as well. We'll have the dogs Thursday night but now plan to kennel them on Friday night so we can enjoy the time with friends.

See everybody soon. And got the trailer back from the plumber and now all the sinks work right and everything will pass inspection. It's really starting to look good. I'll try to get sme pics of hte new setup at Lowell and post them Monday. And maybe some others cooking Lowell will also take pics.

I am trying like hell to make it up there Thursday night. It all depends what time I can get out of work. If I do come Thursday I wont get there until close to 9 but would be ready for a fire and drinks.

Just so you know guys... We take over the park on Wednesday evening. I live there for the next four days. No matter what time of nite you roll in you can at least end up in the park. We may not get you fully situated until the light of day.. but we don't sleep much. Aslo, don't forget that there are discounted hotel rooms available to teams and judges if anyone needs them. We have coupons for you to use. Really looking forward to seeing all of you.

Just so you know guys... We take over the park on Wednesday evening. I live there for the next four days. No matter what time of nite you roll in you can at least end up in the park. We may not get you fully situated until the light of day.. but we don't sleep much. Aslo, don't forget that there are discounted hotel rooms available to teams and judges if anyone needs them. We have coupons for you to use. Really looking forward to seeing all of you.

We'll be in Iron Mountain Wednesday night but staying in a campground. See you Thursday afternoon

We will roll in friday morning 10 ish,
Looking forward to seeing you again. You and I may be the only guys without a hangover Saturday morning.:mrgreen:

We will roll in Friday morning 10 ish,

That's about the same time we'll get there. See you in line.

We should be getting there about the same time...

Looking forward to seeing you again. You and I may be the only guys without a hangover Saturday morning.:mrgreen:
I'm bringing the electric fence to keep the guys in so they should be sober as well... (As for me, that may be a different story... LOL)

Bump...

So is every buddy ready???

Quick weather report as of today for Iron Mountain, MI...
Thursday Night, Jul 16
Low: 48 °F RealFeel®: 45 °F
Patchy clouds

Friday, Jul 17
High: 66 °F RealFeel®: 65 °F
Mostly cloudy with a passing shower

Friday Night, Jul 17
Low: 48 °F RealFeel®: 43 °F
An evening shower in the area; otherwise, partly cloudy

Saturday, Jul 18
High: 72 °F RealFeel®: 71 °F
Partly sunny

Saturday Night, Jul 18
Low: 50 °F RealFeel®: 47 °F
Partly cloudy

Bump...

So is every buddy ready???

Quick weather report as of today for Iron Mountain, MI...
Thursday Night, Jul 16
Low: 48 °F RealFeel®: 45 °F
Patchy clouds

Friday, Jul 17
High: 66 °F RealFeel®: 65 °F
Mostly cloudy with a passing shower

Friday Night, Jul 17
Low: 48 °F RealFeel®: 43 °F
An evening shower in the area; otherwise, partly cloudy

Saturday, Jul 18
High: 72 °F RealFeel®: 71 °F
Partly sunny

Saturday Night, Jul 18
Low: 50 °F RealFeel®: 47 °F
Partly cloudy

With Temps like that its going to be a double batch of punch and the fire pit is deffinately getting packed.

Back