Two new KCBS venues in Texas and Oklahoma

Okie Sawbones

Banned
For you OK, TX, AR, and LA cooks, take notice for next year. I am excited to see KCBS making some inroads into TX, where IBCA has ruled. I got to judge both of these new events, and walked through the cook sites. These are nice venue sites for cooks. Easy to get to, all paved, roomy, electrical hookups, close turn in site for cooks, but I forgot to check for water at Duncanville.

Smokin' Blues & BBQ Festival, October 13-14, Armstrong Park, Duncanville, TX, just south of Dallas, off of I-20. 18 teams showed for the inaugural event, with Boomerang taking GC, and Fat Boys taking RGC.

Bedouin Brew & BBQ, October 14-15, Love-Hatbox Sports Complex, Muskogee, OK. They have all the hookups, plus WiFi. 18 teams showed up here as well, including Boomerang who did a quick turnaround. Congrats to Divine Swine for their GC, plus a 180 for ribs.

Just passing on the word -- no dog in the fight. I can tell you this, both organizers worked their butts off to ensure everyone was pleased with their sites.

The Muskogee site has a lot of potential. I think they were hoping for a lot more 'public', so I hope they don't get too discouraged. It would be a great location for a late season double. Level concrete with water and permanent power at each site, easy parking, but still in a park like location.

Back