TVgating - Atlanta Style

Apology accepted. The ONLY thing, other than home field advantage, that we have working for us this weekend is that I HOPE the Falcons are pi***d off at our opener against what I think is an average Bears team. I think we're better'n them, but last weekend we sure WEREN'T. Congrats to Bears fans, and watch out! :)

I never like to play a team at home that has just come off of a loss. This week is no exception. It's too early for me to get cocky about anything. I just hope Vick doesn't try to do too much being back in Atlanta. It should be a good game and it's in prime time.

@Lake Dogs ~ sad to say El Toro and Playland are long gone. Did you know that El Mongol, the old WWW wrestler owned that El Toro and his wife was the cook? I don't know how long it's been since you've been to the big D but you wouldn't recognize the place. Sports bar, hhhmmmm, the only thing that comes to mind is Witch Burners or the Rusty Nail but that's nothing near the name Copeland.

I hung out with some folks from Tucker but I'm a Doraville girl through and through ~ graduated from Sequoyah High. Goodness, 94-Q and the river races ~ I haven't thought of that in forever!

Doraville, touch of country in the city
Doraville, it ain't much but it's home!

Thanks for the walk down memory lane and to the Brethren, thanks for indulging us. Now, back to TVgating!

@hogzgonewild ~ you ain't right bro! :becky:

@fingerlickin' ~ let's hope the defense shows up and makes a game of it. The Falcons should know better than any team, to beat Vick, you must contain him ~ we'll see. :roll:

Apology accepted. The ONLY thing, other than home field advantage, that we have working for us this weekend is that I HOPE the Falcons are pi***d off at our opener against what I think is an average Bears team. I think we're better'n them, but last weekend we sure WEREN'T. Congrats to Bears fans, and watch out! :)

Lake - since you are around Macon, what's a good place to eat that you would recommend? I have to be in Macon tomorrow at Medical Center Central Georgia.

@OutlawSwine ~ hmmmm... Other than metro Atlanta was my home, the only thing I really miss is the quality and variety of restaurants. Meaning, 'round here, very few are worth a darn. For a little history, there's H&H where the Alman Bro's would hang out. Soul food, and *ok*, but I've had a lot better. The El Sombrero's are ok around town, for Mexican food. There's not a really great Chinese and definitely not a great Japanese place that I know of. The Carrabbas is very good, but it's pretty far away and I dont think they're open for lunch. There's Jim Shaw's that is a pretty good seafood restaurant and a lot of people like Fish N Pig up on lake Tobesofkee, but that's probably a little haul too...

@poseys-pork-pit ~ ah, a lady! I have a bad habit of assuming folks here are men. I did hear that the owner was that wrestler, but I never saw him there. I'm certain I saw his wife though, probably 100 times...

Pfffft. Georgians (Falcons Fans). Yer flatbed'll go faster if you put some tires on it.

Love,
Alabama

And what, Guerre, you're a Birmingham American's fan?

Oh, no, it's ALL about college football. I'll bet you have L.A. envy now that
you're way up yonder in Memphis!

Don't forget the fresh fried okra while the grease is still hot. Fried green maters and okra is heaven on a plate.

Forgot something.:doh: My best friend's mom would also make corn fritters to go with these. Note: when making fritters, you HAVE to use lard in a CI skillet. She put chopped onion in hers instead of corn kernals.

Back