THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ackman

Full Fledged Farker
What do you do with the trimming on spare ribs. I cut them for St Louis cut but I keep throwing away the the balance which seems a waste to me...someone must have come up with something to do with them--it is a lot of meat

Chef snacks! Also, chop em up and throw em in with the BBQ beans!

Also think pullin' the meat and addin' to baked beans and what ever else your imagination can come up with.:decision:

I usually leave them on, Probably my favorite part of spare ribs.. But, the few times I did trim them, I saved for a chilli..

Made a big pot o chili yesterday with them, good stuff. Have a bunch more and want to try the sausage soon

I just leave the rib tips on, untrimmed. Nottin' wrong with that! Personally I think they're just as good or better than the ribs themselves. Cheers!!!

Grind up and make fatties. :cool:

F3.jpg

Other than just eating them...Seems the consensus opinions are grinding them up or throwing them into Chili or beans. Do you cut the cartlidge out before grinding? If u use them in Chili, beans,....just eat around the cartlidge?

Back