THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mcyork28

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Prime tri-tip from Costco. Seasoned with salt, pepper, granulated garlic, & thyme. Went a little beyond what I usually do. I decided to use my Thermoworks Smoke to monitor the temp of the meat which I rarely do. The therm was reading 107 but when I temped it with my thermapen it was at 145. Guess I need to test it in some boiling water and maybe get a new probe.

n1XDhcal.jpg

feI0mLxl.jpg

V4NQjO9l.jpg

Thanks,

Matt

Looks tasty! Always wanted to try some tri tip, but can't find it around here. Do you cook that indirect the whole time, or sear at the end?

Looks great ! I indirect mine till 135 and the direct cook over coals for some crust. Comes out like yours, perfect. Around here the meat is treated and then cooked toll done through. Good but i prefer med rare. Actually i prefer doing them on my kettle rotisserie.

Back