THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JonathanL

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Hello brothers. My family and I recently moved to Fort Worth from San Clemente, CA. Glad to be in Texas. My oldest just started at Texas A&M and the Corps of Cadets. Recently my 2nd Traeger caught fire, not sure if it grease or an auger malfunction. Used it as an excuse to get an Jambo Backyard Smoker. Drove to Jamie's shop and talked with him and wrote a check. Expecting it early next week.

After cooking on pellets for years with very successful results I know I have a lot to learn about a stick burner. I was going to get MAK but for the price it seemed like stepping up to the Jambo made more sense.

Any tips for where to buy wood in the FW/Keller area would be appreciated as wells as any tips for seasoning the grill and any other ideas. I know I can call Jamie, but I don't want to over do it.

Yours in Smoking,

Jonathan

Welcome to the forum from down here in Victoria.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome to the forum Jonathan, looking forward to seeing pics of your new Jambo.

Welcome! Post that question in Q-Talk. We have lots of crazy Texans running around here. Thanks to your Son for what he has chosen.

Back