THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just have it built on the trailer. It will be easier to move around and you will enjoy being able to take it where you want. And no hassle with loading it on a trailer, tying it down, returning the trailer, etc.

Trailer unit. You can get a good wheel or trailer dolly and move it pretty easy unless on a grade. But a cart would be just about as heavy.

In spite of it being college move-in time, I can't believe you won't be able to find a trailer at U-Haul, Home Depot, Lowe's, Sun Rent, Duke, or any of the other places that rent trailers.

I suggest you try to find one near you and haul the trailer both ways. It will be much less expensive than a one-way rental.

On your friends trailers..... I have a small and inexpensive landscape-type trailer and it is rated for a 1,110 pound load. I think they are worrying too much. Check the registration for the weight of the trailer and how much it is rated to carry. I really think you will see that 1000 pounds isn't much for a manufactured ( NOT home-made ) trailer.

JBP

I talked with Paul. I'm getting a trailer model.

Personally I think you made the right choice and will not regret it. Even if you "think" you won't need it (and trust me you will) now you can move it whereever you like:) COngratulations!

I would consider this..... a modified trailer with a removable tongue.... the total width outside of fenders is 53 inches.... if you go with a custom cart with golf cart wheels..... the width will be around 48 inches... the cost difference is not that bad... the time you rent a trailer.... pick it up... carry it back... and worry about getting it........ and yes pjtexas1 me and Tyler would rather build trailers... I have been building them for 35 years and can build one amazingly fast...... these are just my thoughts..... brother you can change that build a 100 times and it does not bother me..... that is what we are here for... to serve you.... get what you want......

This is the definition of a class act.

Back