THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

K

kenny

Here she is, We could not hold out any longer, the completed pics of our (Team Tar River BBQ) new super secret smoker. It was a 6 month project but was well worth it. Charlie and I are 2nd generation shipbuilders (at Newport News Shipbuilding). For anyone thats not familliar with the place, we build Aircraft Carriers and Submarines for the Navy of coarse. We thought it might be neat to combine our work and hobby together. Let us know what you think.

Attachments

• HPIM1968.jpg
    HPIM1968.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 519
  • HPIM1970.jpg
    HPIM1970.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 486
More pics, The first is our Mom Christining the Sub with a bottle of Apple Cider Vinegar, by the way the name is USS Rocky Mount, our hometown in North Carolina. Of coarse the USS stands for United States Smoker. The Next picture is our Dad putting the first Butt on it.

Dont know if she floats, but the prop spins like a tornado while driving on the interstate.

Attachments

• HPIM1984.jpg
    HPIM1984.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 470
  • HPIM1981.jpg
    HPIM1981.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 469
Thing a beauty

When you roll into a competition, just tell the judges you are at DEFCON 1, and tell them to look favorably on your Q-or else!

Very cool stuff!

Here she is, We could not hold out any longer, the completed pics of our (Team Tar River BBQ) new super secret smoker. It was a 6 month project but was well worth it. Charlie and I are 2nd generation shipbuilders (at Newport News Shipbuilding). For anyone thats not familliar with the place, we build Aircraft Carriers and Submarines for the Navy of coarse. We thought it might be neat to combine our work and hobby together. Let us know what you think.
I served in the submarine service for 10 years, and that is just too cool!! I WANT ONE!!

A couple of more shots. One is traveling down the road with prop turning. The other is the humble beginnings. If anyone is coming to the Chesapeke Jubilee KCBS event

Attachments

• HPIM1939.jpg
    HPIM1939.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 449
  • HPIM0187.jpg
    HPIM0187.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 444
Back