THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

parrothead said:
Good job guys! I think I am going to drink a little more at competitions from herre on out.

Greg, I know it sounds weird but I do better myself when I drink several on Friday night... When I DON'T drink, I think I tend to tense up, over-think stuff and try too hard. A good friend told me this weekend to just relax and "go with the flow". Think I had about a 12 pack all day and evening on Friday. Did some good I think. :wink:

Thanks for all the kind words and don't worry the plan is a make sure Jay drinks heavily at all competions from now on!

BTW, Great Grills took Reserve Grand Champion! The Belly Brothers, Lazy Acres and Chick n' Pig walked as well!

Here are the full results

CHICKEN

1. TEAM Q 170.8572
2. THE MUDDY RIVER BOYS 170.8570
3. BIG'UNS BBQ
4. WILL DEAL CATERING AND BBQ
5. THE SMOKIN' WALZS
6. BARNEY Q
7. GREAT GRILLS O' FIRE
8. IN DEEP SAUCE
9. SMOKE THIS BBQ
10. 2 SLEEPY RED EYE HOGS

RIBS

1. BLEU SMOKE
2. THE MUDDY RIVER BOYS
3. GIT-ER-QED
4. IN DEEP SAUCE
5. TEAM Q
6. BELLY BROTHERS
7. SAUCE BARON
8. CHICK'N PIG BBQ
9. MUNCHIN HOGS AT THE HILTON
10. GREAT GRILLS O' FIRE

PORK

1. IN DEEP SAUCE
2. BELLY BROTHERS
3. BARNEY Q
4. TEAM Q
5. BIG'UNS BBQ
6. THE SMOKIN' WALZS
7. GREAT GRILLS O' FIRE
8. THE WILL DEAL CATERING AND BBQ
9. MUNCHIN' HOGS AT THE HILTON
10. SMOKE THIS BBQ

BRISKET

1. MIZZOU BBQ TEAM
2. MUNCHIN' HOGS AT THE HILTON
3. GREAT GRILLS O' FIRE
4. THE SMOKIN WALZS
5. THE BELLY BROTHERS
6. HAMMER BOYS TAG TEAM BBQ
7. TEAM Q
8. BIG'UNS BBQ
9. BLEU SMOKE
10. THE WILL DEAL CATERING AND BBQ

OVER ALL

1. GRAND CHAMP TEAM Q 677.7142
2. RESERVE GC GREAT GRILLS O'FIRE 662.8572

3. MUNCHIN' HOGS AT THE HILTON
4. THE MUDDY RIVER BOYS
5. IN DEEP SAUCE
6. THE SMOKIN' WALZS
7. THE BELLY BROTHERS
8. BIG'UNS BBQ
9. THE WILL DEAL CATERING AND BBQ
10. SMOKE THIS

Congrats to all of the brothers that walked this weekend!!

Spice

Well done to all.

Hopefully your skill's and luck will follow me to Union, SC next weekend.

Jeff_in_KC said:
Greg, I know it sounds weird but I do better myself when I drink several on Friday night... When I DON'T drink, I think I tend to tense up, over-think stuff and try too hard. A good friend told me this weekend to just relax and "go with the flow". Think I had about a 12 pack all day and evening on Friday. Did some good I think. :wink:

It's when the rest of us get him drunk that he gets in trouble.... :cool:

What an emotion filled weekend! Sad because of the loss of KC, happy to get to spend time with my out of town brothers. Sad because of our tribute Friday night to KC, happy that some old band mates of mine were there to make it very memorable...(Travis doing "Simple Man solo will never be forgotten, one farking hell of a job that I wish we'd had the whole performance video'd to share and keep forever). Happy to place 7th in a tough field, you guys have to realize that these MoFos around these parts (and KanFos) can really cook!

To Jay and team: Awesome job brothers! Brother Steve pulled it out for you and I'm most happy for him, to go from the toothpick incident to picking up the trophy (which by the way, he had to be told to go back and get, he was so excited!) You guys are clicking....

To Mark and Becky: Consistent as usual, we don't ever expect anything less from you than a top 5 finish...especially when you get a call in brisket, then we know it's over...LOL

To Big 'Uns BBQ: Damn, son! You're putting a little fear in this old man! Hell of a weekend for you...you know I'm extremely happy for you!

To Chick N' Pig: I don't have to ask you if you were disapppointed, I know you too well. Your food is great...enough said....any given Saturday in this part of the woods....

To my Belly Brothers: Awesome weekend guys! We made a lot of people happy this weekend with our food and hospitality Friday evening, then backed it up with a strong showing Saturday....Not many teams could have pulled off what we did, but we did it well and we did it as a team...
I love you guys!

BTW....I mentioned Friday night's meal....Sweet T and the team did a hell of a job putting out the food for the sponsors and the out of town guests:

Pork loin
Brisket
Hashbrown Cassarole
Baked Beans w/ pulled pork
Bow tie pasta in garlic butter sauce and parmasean cheese
Homemade peach cobbler
Homemade ice cream

And then we did a competition.....are we crazy or what?? ROFLMAO!

Cngrats to all that FARKEN FANTASTIC!!!
Parrot the drink'n may have helped the others but it didn't help me,
Anyone catch the bear that chit in my mouth Saturday? !!!

I don't recommend the heavy drinking part!! It was an unusual situation.

1. I was excited to meet Phil, Greg, Jorge and Big Dog also good to see Slat and JT again

2. Sad about KC and I think the constant toasts to him put me over the edge. ( Mas Tequila )

3. You really need to be 100% at contest!!

4. Phil was constantly humping my leg!! Hard to concentrate!!:lol: Just kidding Pooh!!

You guys did a great job...Always fun cooking with all of you:p See you at the next one..Again congrats on the big win!!!!!!

Back