THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LMAJ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
And got a Timberline 1300 - and ended up with one of the units that have an issue with excessive soot.
After getting my soot issue resolved (thanks Stone BBQ Supplies) this is the inagural cook. Beef ribs for tomorrow night, and wings tonight. The ribs are rubbed with Oakridge Black Ops Brisket rub - cause really, are beef ribs really just brisket on a stick? The wings are rubbed with Plowboys Yardbird - those are dinner tonight. Thanks for looking!
fullsizeoutput_638.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_639.jpeg

IMG_3091.jpg

fullsizeoutput_63a_1.jpeg

When Al bought our first Traeger I mocked him. Now I am sold. Don't get me wrong, I still love my Eggs, but the Traeger are just easy.
And yes, I know I am cooking things in pans - I just have a hard time actually getting this thing dirty.

Last edited:
Anyone Tried These?

Done these several times, and they always make a hit at gatherings. The low heat / smoke seems to diffuse some of the heat.

Fresh Jalapenos deseeded and halved top to bottom
Fill each half with cream cheese
Wrap with bacon of your choice
Splash some worcesterchire on the bacon, get some on the japs too
Sprinkle the bacon with Slap Ya Mama seasoning
Smoke at 200 for 2 hours as far from the fire box as possible
Turn over one time to brown the bacon all around

Not too hot and spicy, but beautiful flavor!

I detect a pellet head in the making?!?! I've become a total pellet head over the past couple of years. Because of the ease, I am cooking outdoors more then ever! The food ain't to shabby either... :)

Congrats on the new toy! It took me a year to get my Shirley dirty. Went thru a lot of pans. :heh:

Now that looks like a day of good eatin' right there - congrats on the new cooker and looking forward to more cooks to come!

Those bones and wings are making me hungry, and I just finished supper! Congrats on the new cooker, and I know what you mean about easy, I just did marinated shiitakes on my gasser. I used to give people guff about not cooking over "real fire" too, but life gets busy and sometimes the end result is what it's about, other times we want the process.

I love my 1300 and did not have the soot issue. What did you do to correct the issue?

I here that there is a new software upgrade released so I will turn mine on today and download it. suppose to address some timing issues with the fan and motor

Congrats on he new cooker, when my pellet cooker dies I will be getting the 1300
Food looks great too

Back