THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lordkifar

Full Fledged Farker
Up here in Canada, the cost of a aluminium hard cover or to have the blackstone cover shipped is ridiculous so I thought of this. A 4ft rubbermaid table (with the metal harness removed) acts as a hard cover for the blackstone. It sits nicely and securly on the griddle top draping about 1" on the sides. The blackstone soft cover still fits (not shown). Doubles as a serving table when hosting and as my griddle is in proximity to my Blackstone Pizza oven, i can prep my pizza on there and directly into the oven.

BTW, the table top is super light without the metal harness/legs!

Not sure if someone has already thought of this solution...i never saw it though and hope it helps folks. You can find these tables on craigslist or at any store for a few more bucks.

42550200751_3e04e9e42c_b.jpg

Last edited:
That is brilliant I bought one of those tables and set next to my 99 dollar Weber kettle now I have a generic Weber performer without paying over 300 dollars

Up here in Canada, the cost of a aluminium hard cover or to have the blackstone cover shipped is ridiculous so I thought of this. A 4ft rubbermaid table (with the metal harness removed) acts as a hard cover for the blackstone. It sits nicely and securly on the griddle top draping about 1" on the sides. The blackstone soft cover still fits (not shown). Doubles as a serving table when hosting and as my griddle is in proximity to my Blackstone Pizza oven, i can prep my pizza on there and directly into the oven.

BTW, the table top is super light without the metal harness/legs!

Not sure if someone has already thought of this solution...i never saw it though and hope it helps folks. You can find these tables on craigslist or at any store for a few more bucks.

42550200751_3e04e9e42c_b.jpg

My Blackstone is set up by my UDS and just across from my Smoker. I cut a piece of 1/2" plywood to go over my Blackstone. Then I throw a tarp over the plywood. It serves as a serving table for my UDS and my Smoker. WIN WIN.

Do you have the link to the exact table you bought? I am going to be doing this. I like the added protection for the blackstone plus the idea of a prep table for the other cookers.

Very ingenious!

I'd like to know the make and model too please. :)

Nice find. I stole an idea off this board last year and I much prefer it over taking a huge soft cover off every time I want to use it. The table idea is brilliant but my camp chef isn't the same size so I wouldn't get the same results as the blackstone.

IoBbVQt.jpg

Can you keep the legs on and use the table for prep for your Blackstone when in use?

In other words, did you have to take the legs off to make it work?

S

OK... So for a great plug-n-play top I can fully recommend the table from the following link...

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/lancaster-table-seating-24-x-48-heavy-duty-granite-white-plastic-folding-table/384YCZ4824.html

Ordered yesterday and twenty-three (23) hours later it showed up. Paid less than 33 bucks. About ten minutes after unboxing, the leg assemblies were off and the top was on. You do not have to remove the leg "C"-clamps.

oVr93f.jpg

A side view shows a gap that I'm going to fill with a beveled piece (wood?) to keep out crap from the leaf blower and provide some support up front.

nSMkur.jpg

Fits over the back and two sides providing a lip that prevents water from getting in. Looks pretty nice too. Top can be slid side to side and front to back so there's no need for trimming or slotting. Highly recommend you let the griddle cool completely before covering as this is HDPE and will melt.

Thanks to the OP for the initial suggestion.:eusa_clap

Back