THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bproffer

Take a breath!
I smoked a pork butt and some baby backs for tonights dinner. I put the butt on last night around 11:50pm and smoked it overnight at aout 200°. Around 7 am I kicked the temp up to aout 240°. Around noon I threw on some baby backs. On the ribs, I used John Henry's Cherry Chipotle rub. No foil, no 3-2-1. Just smoked them until they passed the bend test. I glazed them with a mix of Sweet Baby Rays, rub, and about 2 TBS of wild sage honey I got from the farmers market. The taste was awesome, with somewhat of a sweet-heat to them. You could definately taste all the different flavors, the rub, honey, etc... Everyone raved about them! One of the best few racks of ribs I have done. Not fall off the bone, but would pull clean from the bone with just a little pull. Total cook time was a little over 5 hours.

Anyways, everyone ate well and I received alot of good compliments! It was a good night!

DSC02978.jpg

DSC02979.jpg

DSC02984.jpg

DSC02985.jpg

DSC02980.jpg

DSC02988.jpg

DSC02989.jpg

DSC02991.jpg

DSC02992.jpg

DSC02994.jpg

DSC02996.jpg

Mighty fine job
Time to go eat before I ruin my phone

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

Even my missus, who seems immune to food pron, agrees that that looks sensational. Great pics.

Back