THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

garyk1398

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Gary
I was fortunate to receive a jar of Salty Sailor from Todd aka "The Dirt Man" a few weeks ago to sample and put it through it's paces and give my review of it. I see Frognot also posted a review of it. Thanks Todd!:thumb: I'm still doing just that but wanted to post what I thought of it so far. I even gave a small portion of it to my neighbor to try out. Both of us agree that it is a winner!:clap2: The label says it is a "texas style" rub that can be used on anything. I also thought it as a good balance of flavors and think the black pepper comes into play more than the other spices. You can clearly see the pepper in the pron posted below.

Pron numbering:
1) The jar
2) Shortly after getting it, I sprinkled it on some popcorn. -Good but not something I'd rush to do again.
3) Pan frying shrimp - Very good on shrimp, nice balance.
4) Shrimp plated along with everything else seasoned with Salty Sailor. I like the potato and would do that again for sure!
5) Chicken drummies (pron by my neighbor). Honestly, I didn't try it, but he gave it rave reviews and wants to buy a jar. His friend who tried it also wants a jar!
6) Salmon and a pork chop seasoned before grilling.
7) Plated salmon and chop after grilling. Both were very good and I really liked it on the chop! By the way, Original Dirt is excellent on rice!

Attachments

Gary,
Thanks for taking time to try my new rub. I would never of thought to put it on popcorn. I am glad you and your neighbor like it. This is my first traditional BBQ rub that I have come out with it. I think it is going to be a hit. This should be sold on my website in the next two weeks and Amazon in about a month.
Todd

Back