THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Our tradition is to hand out a holiday meat bundle instead of cookies and other sugary things. The process began a week and a half ago when I mixed up the cures and applied to the meat. I used two pork loins from Costco to make Thirdeye’s buckboard bacon and two bellies for “regular” bacon - one done with a bourbon maple cure and the other a pancetta style cure. I used the Mak on the “smoke” setting @ 170-180* and took the meat up to 145*. Tomorrow I’ll lug the slicer up from the basement, vacuum seal, then freeze.

That looks amazing, I love it. I'm going to have to step up my game, and I think this is the key for next year. I'll be sure to bug you about details later ( =

I fermented jalapenos and made my own hot sauce to take this year, but I think the homemade 'take and bake' cinnamon rolls took the win. But if I take bacon? That's gotta trump them all.

What a special gift to give. That last shot of the bacon...OH MY! Makes me think I need to step up from the smoked cheeses

Back