THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MattGoose

Full Fledged Farker
For some reason I just can't freaking seem to get this one right.....

Our local grocery store does amazing marinated chicken wings and I'd love to throw some on the pellet grill. I've managed to get all the bad outcomes - overcooked, rubbery skin, mushy - and never been able to get it right.

Thinking like 45 minutes at 350 or so and maybe 15 at 450?

Thanks for the help!

often we will season and parbake them in the oven then take them to the grill at high heat to get a char on the skin. IMHO, the best thing you can do is make damn sure the skin is very dry. if you have the wings in a wet marinade take them out of the marinade and place on a rack/tray in the fridge the over night and let them dry off then head to the cook when it's time. my .02

I normally smoke my wings with indirect heat at 300°-350° for 45 minutes - 1 hour. I do add some olive oil to my wings before I put them on the smoker. Don't know if that makes a difference. They always come out tender and smokey.

Yea, grilling for about 45 min at 350 sounds about right.
But I would choose a dry rub instead of a marinade.
Actually I prefer only salt and pepper, and then add a sauce at the end. Always works.

I guess some people like their chicken dry AF. I prefer my wings crispy on the outside, juicy in the inside.

Back