Three Times a Charm On The Little Pellet Smoker

Easiest way to describe....spill a little spot of hot coffee on your pants legs, you get a uncomfortable feeling, the heat goes away, what happens you spell the whole cup? Your leg keeps getting hotter and you burn.

This is an incredible analogy. Thank you for taking the time to explain it to me.

Not sure what you mean by carry over?

Carry over means the Internal meat temperature will keep rising even after you pull it off the grill. Depending on how hot the grill is will determine how many degrees the meat will continue to climb.

Lets use for an example, your grill is at 150F and you were shooting for 150F meat temp, if you pull off the grill it wont climb past 150F, but lets say your grill was at 350F, now when you pull the meat off it will still continue to climb because energy has to go somewhere.

Glad you are getting things figured out, Chett. I use the Meat Church Holy Cow and really like it on brisket. I am a fan of pepper and it delivers. My wife, not so much, so any women or children may not want a healthy application.

Hi Ron,

Another rub I am looking into is sir-porkalots-rib-rub.

Thank you.

Hi Ron,

Another rub I am looking into is sir-porkalots-rib-rub.

Thank you.

Nobody has mentioned it yet, but for steaks and bugers, really anything beef related, Carne Crosta is my new go to. Bovine bold used to be my go to, but i am converted to CC.

Chett
I appreciate your offer, but I am going to have to decline at this time. I have a deal in the works to buy 2 saxophones from a musician friend that I just can’t pass up. It will eat up my discretionary money for some time. The “War Department” is still giving me the “what the hell” look.

Carry over means the Internal meat temperature will keep rising even after you pull it off the grill. Depending on how hot the grill is will determine how many degrees the meat will continue to climb.

Lets use for an example, your grill is at 150F and you were shooting for 150F meat temp, if you pull off the grill it wont climb past 150F, but lets say your grill was at 350F, now when you pull the meat off it will still continue to climb because energy has to go somewhere.

Thank you for taking the time to explain this so well. It's definitely interesting and a science.

Back