THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I do! Well, not the Beefer, but I do have a Garland Salamander that is like the Beefer except bigger with a lot more BTU’s. It is an awesome tool and produces a world class sear (literally, many of the worlds top steak houses use them!) but I still often will choose to sear over charcoal when the weather is nice. I also sear on the gas stove with cast iron or steel pans. Different ways to get there with slightly different results, but no definitive one best solution.

I think you do have the right searing tool. I had a Garland 6 burner, double oven,griddle, and salamander for about 20 years — Left it behind when I moved and have been sorry ever since. I have a small beefer type of IR, and it is very good for one or two steaks at a time.

I also have a TEC IR unit that does a great job of finishing a sous vide steak, but I sure like the broiled affect.

Back