Think I may throw Royal Oak to the curb

I stopped buying pretty much all Lump charcoal brands. I got tired of 1/4 to even 1/2 the bags being crumbs that would fall straight through the charcoal grate. I rarely use my charcoal smokers anymore since i went pellet, but when i do, i use standard kbb.

I want to put in a second vote for royal oak chef select, I can't find the Webber stuff around me and the ROCS is cheaper and I love the smell and they have WAY less ash than the blue bag

I'm done with Royal Oak too once I burn my last bag on hand. I bought a bunch when on sale for $4 a bag. I've noticed it just does not burn like Kingsford. I find when a little ash builds up then it tends to almost smolder itself out. It is also useless to try and reuse leftover from previous cook. I'm going to stick with big K, lump, and going to give the Weber a try.

One of the offshoots of COVID-19 seems to be the end of the charcoal deals. Grill and fuel sales are through the roof as folks cook at home.

If we ever get beyond this thing, there will hopefully be a market contraction, then a surplus of used Webers for sale, and a return of the charcoal deals. :thumb:

Back