THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Last reported Huy Fong shortage was accurate. Early, but accurate. The Chile sauce was impossible in my region. Amazon and eBay were hilariously overpriced for rooster sauces. News reports another Huy Fong shortage approaching. Now, the last shortage introduced me to multiple other Sriracha sauces, garlic crisps etc. Some of those were always available, Yellowbird, Tabasco, FlyBy Jing (sp). Regardless, HF Rooster just began to show back up, now may be going back into hiding. This is all I plan to hoard. Thankfully others available in both, but OG is still worth seekingIMG_20240515_110103~2.jpg

Last edited:
Its popularity shot up just as COVID and other causes saw their supplies dry up to nothing. Their sauces are some of the best out there too which has won over many people who otherwise wouldn't know they existed except for word of mouth on Social Media. Now, they are a victim of their own success unfortunately which means people like myself never see their sauces at an affordable price even with today's Bidenomics price increases for groceries of all sorts factored in.

My Korean noodles are another thing that have really become hard to find and have shot up in price when I do see them somewhere. They are literally 200% of what they cost just a couple of years ago when I could get a 4-pack at Walmart for less than $4. Now that same pack at the same store costs >$8!

Here ya. Every day is like an expensive Easter Egg hunt.. I really enjoy the other Sriracha Sauce offerings. It's pretty cool as some are hotter some less sweet etc etc. Thai and Chinese is usually what we order out on rare occasions. pad Kee Mao and cee U (sp) then Chinese side Schezwan Beef again probably hacking the spelling but Huy Fong tastes identical to what the local Asian part of the world represents and serves here. We have a Japanese restaurant or two but been a really long time ago we ate there. And I don't recall the Japanese restaurant having Sriracha of any kind.
Anyways, if when shortage occurs I have HF available in pantry and knowledge of some very good substitutes that have emerged

Last edited:
Huy Fong has always been a staple in our house since I could barely walk. Mostly the sambal oelek, but as I matured the sriracha and chili garlic sauce were added as staples as well. During the shortage the chili garlic was somewhat reasonably easy to find still, but sriracha and sambal oelek were like finding hen's teeth. I just recently saw their sriracha back on the shelves locally, but still no sambal oelek. :(

I did "hoard" a bottle of rooster sriracha, even though I still have a mostly full bottle of trader joe's srirachi in the cupboard.

Last edited:
I bought two 28oz bottles HF rooster in March for $13.19 on Amazon. One is in the fridge still 3/4 full and the other unopened. It has a Jan 2026 expiration date so I should make it through the shortage.

Really Like HF producks. Have tried other sirachas but like the HF. Really like the Sambal Oelek. UYse it with our Anne Burrelll's Turkey Burgers

I was at a local (NOLA) middle eastern grocery store just last week....and they had shelves LOADED with the real Huy Fong Sriracha ....and their other Chile sauces.....

I picked up a few as that I'd not seen them in awhile anywhere else and knew a shortage hat hit.....seeing what I saw, thought the shortage was over.
Now...wondering WTF they got all the stuff they did?!?!

C

Back