THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jaybls

Got Wood.
Thermowand claims to be as good as, or better than the Thermapen. And it's only $24. ThermoWorks put their "ultra-fast' claims to the test against the Thermapen and the less expensive ($29) ThermoPop. Check it out:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVzt9pSEpkA&feature=youtu.be"]Thermapen & ThermoPop vs Lavatools Thermowand - YouTube[/ame]

Interesting ...
If you don't want to drop $100 on a Thermopen the ThermoPop is a quality tool.
Just a few seconds slower.

I have both the Thermapen and the ThermoPop. The Thermapen is built better, can take a beating and will probably last a long time. The ThermoPop is a couple of seconds slower and with care will last. I use them both but the speed comes in really handy when you have lots of things to temp like chicken parts.

I have a Thermapop and a Thermowand. I like and use both! Really like the magnet in the thermowand..it stays on my fridge. I don't see the point in needing a thermapen for backyard cooking.

ThermoWorks sold me on the first warranty claim I made. The probe that came with a Chef Alarm got fried and stopped working. They sent a new one 2nd day air, no questions asked.

I have a Thermapen and feel like I'll have it for a long time.

Back