Bill
I tried to order a Black Thermopen Based on the post provided by Groundhog66

Your order no. 719-SO-224972 has been received

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
thermoworks@thermoworks.com via bounces.netsuite.com to me
show details Jul 23 (2 days ago)

Dear Bill Thomas 2,

Thank you for shopping at ThermoWorks, Inc..

Your order no. 719-SO-224972 has been received.

Order Summary:

Item
Qty
Description
Options
Rate
Amount
OP-231-277 1 New Super-Fast Thermapen, Splash-Proof, Black (Open Box or Refurbished Unit - sold as-is, no returns or exchanges, full warranty included) $69.00 $69.00 Subtotal $69.00 Shipping & Handling $22.50 Tax 0.00 Total $91.50
Order Shipping Information:
Bill Thomas
Unit 10, 7-11 Rocco Drive
Scoresby VIC 3179
Australia
Phone: +61 xxx xxx xxxx

Ship Via: Priority Mail Intl-Outside USA

If you would like to track the status of your order, please go to http://shopping.netsuite.com/app/site/query/customercenterredirect.nl?c=580795&n=1&ext=T to access your account. Log in using the email address and password you provided during checkout.

Thank you for your business.

ThermoWorks, Inc.

cleardot.gif
THEN I GET THIS...... :twitch:

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
Tom Fisher to me
show details Jul 23 (2 days ago)

Hi Bill,

We received your order. Unfortunately, we are unable to ship Thermapens to Australia. You can buy one locally from Ross Brown Sales, Pty Ltd. Here is their website: http://www.rossbrownsales.com.au/index.html

The open box sales is only being offered by ThermoWorks as a way to reduce our returned and refurbished inventory, so you’ll most likely be able to purchase a new one from them. I will cancel your order here and be certain that your credit card information is not saved anywhere.

Best Regards,
Tom

Tom Fisher
ThermoWorks, Inc.
www.thermoworks.com
PH: 801-756-7705
FX: 801-756-8948

From: thermoworks@thermoworks.com [mailto:thermoworks@thermoworks.com]
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2011 3:34 PM
To: aussiebbqsmoker@gmail.com
Subject: Your order no. 719-SO-224972 has been received

SO I CALLED This local place and ordered a thermopen.... but...

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
Bill Thomas to Tom
show details 9:37 AM (7 hours ago)

HI Tom,

Thanks for the information. I have called Ross Brown Sales and I spoke to Michael there. I have bought a Blue Thermapen for AUD $91.00 plus $12.00 postage. The price was very good. I was expecting it to be much higher.

Some problems though.

1. I wanted a black one. They do not stock that colour and Michael did not even know you had that colour.
2. I checked their web site and they make no mention of having Thermopens at all on the site. No pics, nothing... so any Australian looking for a Thermopen will not find one here on a search at all... That means lost sales.
3. I do not understand why you have to cancel an order that your system is perfectly set up to manage. You accepted my address, my money, told me what international shipping costs were, and accept my credit card details only to have to advise you can't ship because you clearly must protect your local distributor who is actually doing nothing to advertise your product.

I recommend that you allow international sales to clients like myself... A Back Yard BBQ Guy, and allow your distributor to concentrate on industry sales, which is clearly what they do. They are not interested in my little purchase, even though Michael was very polite.

I really wanted a black thermopen too.... Maybe you can send me a black replacement casing for the information I've provided you, which I am sure will assist in sales.

Regards

Bill Thomas

Back