Thermometers

bbqbrisket

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
I had to pass this along.

I've had a Thermoworks Smoke for approximately 5 years.
About a year ago I determined that one of the probes was not maintaing the temperature; not even when I was cooking with it. I let it go and only used the other probe the unit came with. By the end of last year, I noticed the other probe was malfunctioning the same way.
I noticed online that replacement probes are $20 each. So for 2 at $40 when the unit was only $99, seemed like a ripoff.
Thinking about buying a less expensive unit know I would have to replace the probes, I made a last ditch effort and contacted Thermoworks. After several redunant messages back and forth, they decided they were going to replace both probes at no cost to me. The several messages were only due a lack of understanding by the technician.
I was pleasantly surprised by the replacement and give them a thumbs up for replacing them. Ie; even after 5 years the customer service is great. And btw, I did not have any receipts or records of purchase. But they did look up my email and shipping address.

That is great that they are replacing your probes at no cost to you. It does say quite a bit about their customer service. I don’t know how much you use your unit, if I get 5 years out of my Smokes probes I will be happy. 5 years at $40 replacement cost, less than $10 a year.

That is great that they are replacing your probes at no cost to you. It does say quite a bit about their customer service. I don’t know how much you use your unit, if I get 5 years out of my Smokes probes I will be happy. 5 years at $40 replacement cost, less than $10 a year.

They told me that they'd only give me a free replacement one time.

Just wondering how often, and your cleaning routine for your probes. I have several TW products with probes, and so far they've lasted 4 years +. As usual, YMMV

It didn't occur to me to contact Thermoworks for free replacement probes. I've been buying them when they go on sale, sometimes as low as 12 bucks apiece.

Back