THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Doing some work on forum. You may experience an error when u try to post or save a setting. It's only temporary.

ssj4vinh

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Hey guys,

I'm using a kettle grill to smoke right now, but I'm having trouble with temperature control.

What I'm looking for is a thermometer set that includes a meat probe along with a probe for the temperature at grate level. Ideally, I want to be able to read the meat's temperature as well as the temperature inside the smoker without having to open the lid. Any product recommendations? THANKS!

A quick Google search on "digital thermometer dual probe" shows Taylor makes a couple...with others listed as well.

I use Taylors and Nu-temps. The Nu-temps are great but eat batteries as there is no on/off switch but you can hook up to 3 probes to it and watch temps from the family room. :cool::cool::cool:

Don't buy a dual probe. Although some people swear by them I believe you have a far better chance of being disappointed. I'd go with two of the, above mentioned, Thermoworks oven thermometer.

I have a maverick and im geting ready to order the newer model for the longer distance I have had no problem with it and have had it over a year

Back