THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I love my Lavatools Javalins and Javalin Pro. And I am a caterer and restaurant chef. Quality is same as Thermoworks products and all are made in China, so spend the extra $ on more meat or other toys.

I had the Javelin and was very impressed with the speed and accuracy. Unfortunately the plastic piece that holds the probe broke after about a year, so I bought the Thermapen when it was on sale for about $70. The speed is not really that much different between the two.

Interestingly enough I sent an email to Lavatools and a picture of the broken unit. I did not hear back from them for awhile but eventually they sent me a replacement, which I gifted to my son-in-law and he loves it. Also bought my brother in law one for Christmas and he is delighted with how well it works.

I have an Alpha Grillers it was about $20 with a lifetime warranty. First one was reading inaccurate after about 6 months returned it no questions asked. It is a little slow to take temperature but it's not terrible.

Back