THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I get the sense his father may have passed, but that's just what I got from it. Regardless, Your dad must/would be proud, because that looks great.

Hi,
Love this story and that bacon looks awesome. Looks like the bacon you can get from a old restaurant called Jackos in Nipomo California. The best bacon I ever had was from there. From what Im told they slaughter all there own meat. What type of salt did use to cure the bacon ?

Food for the soul!

As already stated - what a great thread - I really appreciate you putting this up for many reasons. My great grandparents lived in Buchanan, VA and my great grandfather cured his own country hams - this brings back memories for me - thanks, brother!

Right, well this thread got me going. I got the pink salt in the mail today, tomorrow, pork belly!

Bump for newer folks - great thread here. Ain't seen Bo in a while & it looks like the pix may have gotten stripped off somehow, but a good read nevertheless.

Back