THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Haven't really paid attention. Got a butterball whole breast a couple months back that was on sale that's been in the freezer waiting. Kroger has Honeysuckle for 39 cents with an additional 10 dollar purchase I think. I did get a nice 5 pound duck last week for $1.99/lb. Got two corned beefs on sale too to make pastrami with. Didn't even look at the turkeys...

Here in Houston they've got the typical deals on Jennie-o but the one that caught my eye yesterday was the .97/pound fresh at Kroger, which is about what I expect to pay based on past experience.

I got a fresh all natural butter ball at the local grocery store today for $2.29lb. Went to Costco later today to get my peanut oil for the fryer for Thursday and just had to go take a look in the meat department to see what they had. I'll be damned it was $.99 lb for the same bird! :doh:
Costco here had Butterballs minimally processed with less than 5% water retained, for $0.99/lb; picked me up a 19 and 13 pounder.

I bought several of those from Costco since I'm smoking for a BIG family. As far as "5% water"...can I brine those? Last year I brined a turkey that I later found out had "up to 15% solution" already. It was SALTY. Don't want to make the same mistake this year.

Been looking everywhere down here, cheapest I can find is about $45 pesos/kilo (about $1.75 +- per lb) They have a huge market here where I can get one fresh for not much more( about $60 pesos per kilo) so I think that's what I will end up doing.

.27 per lb with a 20.00 dollar purchase here. I got 3 cause i like to do one for Christmas and they are never on sale then.Also this year the in-laws are coming for New Years weekend and i can feed 'em for cheap :laugh:

$.29 per pound at various places here in Richmond, VA. Freezer has a couple: 14 pounds and 16 pounds. Neither will be thawed for Thanksgiving. A buddy is bringing over a fresh bird Wednesday evening from his farm. I can't wait!

$.29 per pound at various places here in Richmond, VA. Freezer has a couple: 14 pounds and 16 pounds. Neither will be thawed for Thanksgiving. A buddy is bringing over a fresh bird Wednesday evening from his farm. I can't wait!

I have never been blessed with the farm fresh experience but I would bet that one decapitated the day of would be impossible to beat...

Here in hawaii, we pay an arm and a leg for groceries, but this year a local store had Norbest turkey...Toms...for 2.99 lb. a bird up to 16 lbs. anything over was 3.49 for the whole bird.

In Michigan the best deal I found (and I didnt look to hard) was .49/lb with an additional $10.00 purchase at Krogers.

Went the all natural route the last few years and didnt see a big enough difference to pay $2.00 more per pound...

That's what I found too. I already have my birds, but I'm going tomorrow and picking up a couple for the freezer.

Back