THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tal

Found some matches.
Ok - SOOOOOOO.....

I broke down after a great deal of research and ordered the CyberQ-Wifi and was prepared for a challenge in terms of setting up infrastructure mode.

I'm not a total novice with computers or networks, but here is what happened -

I first hooked it up in Ad Hoc mode - no worries. Everything worked just fine.

Then, I got brave and followed Naked Whiz's instructions for setting up infrastructure mode. Things were going just fine - his post and pics were extremely helpful, and going as prescribed.

I got an IP address and verified by entering that IP address into my browser and all was well. I was pleased, and pridefully chuckling to myself as I thought of all the posts from people saying how difficult this was.

THEN, I got the the next step - I used my NETGEAR control panel to dedicate the IP address for my CyberQ. Everything seemed fine.

THEN - I did the same with the port forwarding and everything went in the tank. The internet here has been spotty to non-existent ever since. I have rebooted the router - and reset the router and the modem. It will work fine for a while, and then the internet goes down again.

My computer says I'm still connected to the internet, but I cannot navigate anywhere.

I undid the port forwarding - same problem.
I undid the dedicated IP address - same problem.

I unplugged the CyberQ and things worked fine - for a while and then the same thing started happening. Internet just continues to go out.

In a last ditch, I just reset the CyberQ to adhoc mode and unplugged it again. That is what has bought me the time to write this post.

Any advice/wisdom/guidance you have for me would be MOST welcomed!

I have a MacBook Pro, a Netgear Nighthawk Router, and we are using AT&T for our ISP.

HELP!!!!!!

As a quick Update - The return to Adhoc was not a fix - internet still cuts out. I can reboot the router and buy a few minutes, but that's it....

What do you mean by "the internet still cuts out"? When the CyberQ is connected to your home wifi can you access it from a computer that is also on you home wifi? that connection does not go over the internet. It stays within your home network.

Thanks, Ron

Thanks for replying - ever since hooking up the CyberQ, and doing the final steps of infrastructure mode, my internet service keeps crashing. If I reboot the modem, and I can buy a few minutes, but it will crash again.

Not sure what has happened... Frustrating!

Back