THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

River City Smokehouse

is Blowin Smoke!
Well today I set sail on "Cool Hand Luke". I decided to break him in easyso I beer canned two whole fryers. I injected the with Swanson's Chicken Broth and soaked them in the broth for several hours. I gave them a rubdown with "River City Smokehouse" rub and then into the drum at 350*F until they rached 160*-165*F. I gave them a glaze at the end and let them rest for a little bit. I used a couple pieces of hickory and K'ford briquettes. I started the fire at 3:00pm and he's still cookin like a champ. I got the temp sitting at 250*F for now so I can see how long of a burn I can get. Here are some pics of my cook. Thanks for looking.

BTW...."Cool Hand Luke" is going to have a brother! It'll be going to paint next week!

BarrelChicken003aw.jpg

BarrelChicken012aw.jpg

BarrelChicken013aw.jpg

BarrelChicken018aw.jpg

BarrelChicken021aw.jpg

Back