THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SoCalWJS

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
John
Picked up a Costco "Unicorn" Tri tip (a single Prime Tri tip instead of the usual 2 pack - I almost always get this when I see one. Doesn't happen often around here. I don't want to eat 2 of them close together, and I don't like freezing them), and I always seem to be trying something a bit different.

The Plan: Made a rub of Better than Bullion Beef, Worcestershire, and a bit of EVO and put a light coating over all of it. Light dusting of Montreal Steak Seasoning. Wrapped in plastic and back into the fridge for a couple of hours. Fire up the MAK to 225 using Oak Pellets. Want it in for at least an hour to an hour in half to no more than 120* internal, then pull. Figure it'll go up another 5 degrees or so. Fire up the Weber to scorching hot & do a sear on all sides. No more than 135* for final internal. Rest. Thin slice with the classic sides.

Hoping for something good.

Pictures to follow.

51d887cb4bbad892d79e58348a4f0402.jpg

The “Before” pic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good stuff there. I rarely do anything aside from my standard tri tip method, but I got 4 really nice prime tri tips (and 2 picanha) that I plan on trying a bunch of different ways.

Already did a picanha like a brisket. Damn good. Not a brisket for sure, and better than a chuck roast. Will probably do a tri tip the same way just to try it.

Not sure what else i am going to try with the rest of them.

Back