THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well got the Insulation in putting 2" of ceramic blanket insulation around it.. top and sides... adding 3/16" plate to the bottom to make the bottom of the FB 7/16" should help.. so now i have a 1/4" 24x24x24 fb with 2" insulation and 3/16" outside plate over insulation... If that dont retain heat i give.... :) cant wait to thrown in the next round of Q!

looks like a Jambo clone. I'm wondering what kind of temp change do you have from end to end and top to grate level?

I haven't tested it yet... but the inlet hole is 3x the size of the exhaust hole. so technically heat should build up in the pit causing it to be a fairly constant temp... but like any pit it will always be hotter near the box....

im working on the fuel consumption with the insulation now...
If i have to adjust the stack height i may do that to.. but i think im pretty close on that measurement...

How are you adding the insulation? Are you building inside the firebox?
I wish i had skills.:-D
jon

Laying the ceramic insulation over the outside of the box then builing another box around it... ie;

24x24 box + 2" insulation add another box around it 26 x 26" box..

Weld together...

Back