THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Doing some work on forum. You may experience an error when u try to post or save a setting. It's only temporary.
Well, I will disagree. I prefer boneless due to having the ability to hit the nooks and crannies with my rub. Additionally, I brine my butts and it is less time in the brine for boneless. Bottomline: do what works for you, this is my experience.

Disclaimer: YMMV :biggrin:

bone in for me too. But in this case price isn't the reason! Looks to me like these two options are exactly the same price. In one case you're paying for meat & bone, in the other you're just paying for meat.

bone in for me too. But in this case price isn't the reason! Looks to me like these two options are exactly the same price. In one case you're paying for meat & bone, in the other you're just paying for meat.

I disagree. You are paying a premium to have the butcher take the bone out, where if you cook it bone in you get the flavor from the bone and it's easy to remove the bone if you've cooked it properly.

Well, I will disagree. I prefer boneless due to having the ability to hit the nooks and crannies with my rub. Additionally, I brine my butts and it is less time in the brine for boneless. Bottomline: do what works for you, this is my experience.

Disclaimer: YMMV :biggrin:

Always gotta be one outlaw.

Bone-in for me too. Besides being easier to handle, those boneless ones tend to be trimmed abit more than I like.

JMO - but I've cooked them both ways. Boneless, cause I wasn't paying attention at Costco and picked up 2 boneless butts and of course I've cooked them with bone in. IMHO - bone in wins everytime! Everytime!

Back