THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Doing some work on forum. You may experience an error when u try to post or save a setting. It's only temporary.
That looks really moist. But being the ocd person that I am, I noticed you didn't really cut it against the grain. In that pic, the cut should of been more like this / because the grain is going like this \.

It still looks a heck of a lot better than my first one.

Very nice job Troy. Looks great!

I did notice the cut as well and I'm a little surprised Bludawg didn't shoot you on the spot for making burnt ends instead of slicing the point.

Great looking brisket! It's almost lunch time and Pleasant Prairie isn't that far away from here. I could be there in a jiffy... :wink:

Looks AWESOME! I've never smoked a brisket....yet. I've saved this link to my Favorites for my first attempt! :grin:

Looks great. Nice job on your first hot & fast. My first attempt turned out drier than a popcorn fart....I should not have popped it into the cooler directly from the cooker.

Congrats, that looks so tasty!!!! I'm going to cook a brisket using this method really soon. Did you use a pan or did you put the brisket directly on the pit the entire time?

Congrats, that looks so tasty!!!! I'm going to cook a brisket using this method really soon. Did you use a pan or did you put the brisket directly on the pit the entire time?

Followed Bludawg's instruction, 4 hours on the pit, then wrap in butcher paper (I used parchment) and start checking after an hour. Once it's probe tender pull it off and set it on the counter (I laid it in a tin pan on the counter) for 2 hours and then slice.

Followed Bludawg's instruction, 4 hours on the pit, then wrap in butcher paper (I used parchment) and start checking after an hour. Once it's probe tender pull it off and set it on the counter (I laid it in a tin pan on the counter) for 2 hours and then slice.

Thanks! I'm trying this next weekend!

Back