THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jaskew82

is Blowin Smoke!
I have been asking all sorts of questions lately about pulled pork (hispanic style for tacos) and you have all be so helpful.

I ended up pulling it at 11:30. It all disappeared shortly after. It was an absolute hit.

Thank you all so much for your help!

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I got one of my best compliments to date... I had multiple people tell me I should sell it. Also, was told it is better than Hill County.

I am sure they are blowing smoke up my ass... if they were it was sweet thin blue smoke because it felt great! :wink:

nice. did the new stumps make it a little easier?

Honestly... no.

I still have a lot of learning to do though. It was probably more me than the Stumps. I find it chews through Charcoal much faster than my WSM. Well, actually it needs to be refilled more but it probably uses less.

I love my stumps and need to learn how to use it still - learning curve and all. In the future when I really know how to use it, I am sure it will make a world of difference.

Where's the Pron?

Sadly, the only pron I have is a crappy picture someone else took. See attached.

Duguerre, I did that on sunday and was not satisfied with how the pork came out. It never got to the point where it was completely "pullable". Most of it was but a large part wasn't.

This time I made the "marinade" but put it in a pan directly under the meet and smoked the meat at 250 for 12 hours. Once it got to the point where I was happy with it, I pulled both the pork and the juices. I mixed the juices and held them in a small container. I skimmed the roughly half in of fat off the top and heat it to just under a boil. When it was time to serve, I drizzled it over the pork and kept the remaining on the side.

The pork was served with a pepper sour cream sauce, pickled red onions and a jalapeno relish all on a 5" flour tortilla.

It turned out excellent. The recipe I used for the "marinade" (that was actually used as a base for the sauce) that I got from this forum (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118493) was amazing.

Attachments

Back