Teriyaki Salmon on the Blackstone

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
I've been AWOL again for the month of February, very much like in January for the kitchen remodel. After the kitchen was complete we asked the painter to paint the dining room. Then we moved to an upstairs bedroom. And once we got going, we didn't stop there. All three bedrooms, one of two upstairs baths, living room, dining room, kitchen, downstairs bath and all hallways were painted over the course of a month. Yes, with the exception of one bathroom which needs to be remodeled, every room in the house was painted.

Drywall dust everywhere, furniture covered or moved into other rooms, etc. We were living in one or two rooms depending on where he was working so grilling and meal prep took a backseat. The job was finally done on Friday, now it's a matter of cleaning and putting the house back together over the next week or two. We finally have our house back again. Whew! What an ordeal.

Anyway, enough of what the heck I've been up to. Today's the first day in what seems like forever that I've been able to cook outside and prepare a decent meal.

Nothing earth shattering, just a simple Griddled Salmon on the Blackstone. Seasoned with Blackstone Teriyaki, 5 Spice, Sesame Oil and a splash of Balsamic at the very end -

xnQk22c.jpg

Yep, those are snowflakes from a squall line that came through.

Almost done -

AGJnELV.jpg

Plated -

DfWzp3Y.jpg

tGpPbqg.jpg

Real food!

Regards,
-lunchman

I feel your pain with the home improvements and inconveniences that come along with it. You haven't lost your touch with the Blackstone or producing excellent looking meals.

Then we moved to an upstairs bedroom. And once we got going, we didn't stop there. All three bedrooms, one of two upstairs baths, living room, dining room, kitchen, downstairs bath and all hallways \ glad you mentioned painting
:becky:
You have been busy.
Salmon Looks good

Then we moved to an upstairs bedroom. And once we got going, we didn't stop there. All three bedrooms, one of two upstairs baths, living room, dining room, kitchen, downstairs bath and all hallways \ glad you mentioned painting
:becky:
You have been busy.
Salmon Looks good

I see where your mind is at, Titch. :becky: Perhaps in my younger days. Besides there are no curtains or blinds on any windows. :rolleyes:

The house looks and feels like new. I can finally get back to grilling and woodworking. And tending to sourdough starter. Plus lots of home decorating to do. TVs to wall mount, pictures to hang and I promised my wife I'd start on building plantation shutters.

Looks good.
I feel your pain my wife and I have been married 22 years and in that time we have built 7 new homes and remodeled a older home in the downtown section where we live.
In that remodel we used to have a crock pot, a camping single burner, coffee pot and a yeti cooler set up IN A BATHROOM.... Our dinners I called it bathroom surprise fine dinning.

Salmon looks great.

On another note you mentioned those snow squalls... met my son for lunch in Gardner, MA and those squalls came through while we were eating and lasted the whole hour we were there. He went back to school in NH and was out of the snow in a few miles. It took my wife and I until Worcester to get out of them.

That's a strong play coming off the bench Dom. I feel you're pain. We did a remodel a couple of years ago that got so out of hand we moved into my FIL's cabin for a few months. Glad to hear you survived - its not as easy as it sounds...

That's a strong play coming off the bench Dom. I feel you're pain. We did a remodel a couple of years ago that got so out of hand we moved into my FIL's cabin for a few months. Glad to hear you survived - its not as easy as it sounds...

I wish we'd had a place nearby to stay during the two months of chaos. But it's done. Yesterday we had the house professionally cleaned. She did in five hours what would have taken us two days. She's hired on a regular basis.

Anyway, expect more postings, hopefully soon. I mixed up a pastrami rub this morning and fed my neglected sourdough starter last night. :becky:

-Dom

Back