THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just Pulin' Pork

is one Smokin' Farker
Hey I Smoked a 10.6 lb whole packer this past monday for a party this friday night. Sliced it and put in a zip lock bag with the juice and threw in the freezer. Put in the fridge tonight to start to thaw. What temp in the oven do I need to re-heat? Thanks again for your help.

If you are going to re-heat in a covered pan then take the internal temp to 160 for 60 sec and then hold at 140. That is what I do for butts anyhow.

On edit:

If you are asking what temp to set the oven at then I would think 350 would be good.

Last edited:
What I'll usually do is if I am serving brisket, I'll put it in a roaster and set the temp to about 250 or 275 for 2 - 3 hours to heat it through, then back it off to 200, and I can hold it there for as long as I need. I add a cup or two of apple juice to keep it moist, but for the most part I've never had a problem doing it this way.

If it's in a zip-lock already, just float it in a pot of boiling water until it's serving temp. Won't dry out that way.

Usually if I plan on holding a brisket I foil it whole and then put it in the oven in the foil and re-heat and slice after it's heated. I tend to lose less juice this way.

Back