THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I really like - Bovine & Swine BBQ but I checked and it is already in use. I guess it would not be cool to add a name in front like Gator's Bovine & Swine... bummer!!

Last edited:
Grubbin' Gator
Barrel O' Que!
Gator Ribs

I vote Grubbin' Gator

I will voice my opinion on team names again. When a team uses Que or BBQ in the name it is redundant, we know its Que get a little more creative.

I vote Grubbin' Gator

I will voice my opinion on team names again. When a team uses Que or BBQ in the name it is redundant, we know its Que get a little more creative.

So if you are not familiar with BBQ and the different teams associated with it you are gonna just know that Lotta Bull, or Pit Stop or...cooks BBQ?

So if you are not familiar with BBQ and the different teams associated with it you are gonna just know that Lotta Bull, or Pit Stop or...cooks BBQ?

Or for that matter The Anchormen, but if they are entered in oh.... lets say for sh%#S and giggles.... The Second Annual Pigs and Steers BBQ Challenge, in Capital City, Any State. KCBS Sanctioned $$$ Prize money for Best BBQ
And then lets say the winning team is again The Anchormen................................... HMMMM did they cook eggrolls and tacos?:roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Smokin Gator, I too graduated from UF and am in education. My team name is derived from The Swamp. Gotta love dem GATORS!!

What about
GATOR NATION Q
GATOR NATION BBQ
GO GATORS BBQ
OSU IS OUR B!TCH BBQ (might be too long)
UFQ (that's a good one)

Last edited:
Swamp Smoke BBQ
The Smokey Gator BBQ Crew
The Stoked Gator
Swamp Stokers BBQ Team

FSU Cookin Crew
FSQin Crew

oops did I do that! Sorry
Just can't keep the Nole in me down.

Attachments

Since Rich took top prize with with Flatulent Flatlander's Barbecue

then my vote is to just stick with your handle... Smokin' Gator BBQ.... Simply stated...

Otherwise, I'm still partial to Manager's Special ... Team logo is a big red sticker placed on the outside of some funky looking brown, moldy looking meat

Old People's Que
AARPQ
Depends on Q
The 4pm Buffet
Pork for gums
Old Folx, Young Pigs
Butt Crack of Dawn
Ben-Gaytors
Barbecue & Bi-focals
Pig Snoots & Leisure suits

Since Rich took top prize with with Flatulent Flatlander's Barbecue

then my vote is to just stick with your handle... Smokin' Gator BBQ.... Simply stated...

Otherwise, I'm still partial to Manager's Special ... Team logo is a big red sticker placed on the outside of some funky looking brown, moldy looking meat

I thought we were saving that for a special day, Vinny...

Well- you like NASCAR, so how about:

Checkered Flag BBQ
Victory Lane Smokers
Burnout Barbecue
Pit Crew Q

I've got to be thinking of a name myself!

Brian

I kind of like the Barbecue and Bifocals name.

And I don't agree that using 'q' forms at the end is redundant... You may do things other than at a barbecue competition eventually. And sometimes, it just comes off the tongue well.

I really appreciate all the help with the names. There are some great ones in here. I still have not made up my mind but have narrowed it down to Tail-Gators, Ben-Gators, or just sticking with Smokin Gator. I gotta pick on in a few days as I am doing that first comp next weekend.

Thanks again folks... you are all awesome!!!

Back