THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LordRiffenstein

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Yoeri
Not sure if this is something they do in Mexico but I had a plan for the current TD and put it in action yesterday: Mexican pulled beef.

Started with some nice chuck roll, seasoned with Kosmos SPG and smoked on the Weber kettle. No need to wrap, it just was ready after about 6 hours with great color.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Time to make the side dishes, starting with a salsa.

Charred a tomato and some garlic. Re-hydrated a guajillo pepper.
Into a blender, with some chipotle in adobo, salt and a bit of the cooking water from the guajillo. Blend until right consistency.

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

Then some beans to go along with it.
Start with bacon, then add onion and garlic. When they are good, add a can of beans (I used red beans). Again some guajillo cooking water. When ready, blend it.

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Finally, some arroz mexicana.
Started with duck fat, then add the rice and sautee. Then add onion, garlic and bell pepper. Sautee some more. Add tomato puree chicken stock and spices (coriander, cumin, oregano) and let simmer until the rice is cooked.

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

My plan was to do burritos but had never done this. It came out great, to bad it didn´t play along when I tried to cut it open.

Rice, meat, beans, salsa, cheese and cilantro.
For seconds I just loaded up my plate :)

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

The burrito was great, fantastic flavours and great crunch from the bark on the beef. The misses loved it too. We were surprised about the beans, that was so simple and fantastic.

Which picture should I use for the TD?

Outstanding cook, Yoeri!

Not sure about my favorite pic. Really like the one with just the rice since the meat really stands out. The next one with the cheese is a close second.

Thanks guys!

Outstanding cook, Yoeri!

Not sure about my favorite pic. Really like the one with just the rice since the meat really stands out. The next one with the cheese is a close second.

Yeah, I agree, those 2 stand out!

That looks great. Is that arborio rice you used?

Yes, well spotted. It might not be Mexican but it´s perfect for this as it takes a little longer to cook but will take up more flavor.

Hell, yes! You really took that to a new level!

When I told the misses what I wanted to do, she commented that it was a lot of work. When we finished the burittos she said, a lot of work but def worth it.

Back